Wednesday 27 April 2022

my REAL first day of retirement...



PASSING THOUGHT: I regard today as the REAL first day of my retirement...Students are back at school, starting Term 2, and I am not... I have watched students pass by in the street and feel so very strange...

I took the above 2 photos at my daughter's Temora Public School last Monday afternoon, Anzac Day...
(My daughter was doing preparation for the new term, so I explored the school)...
The school opened in December 1880
and expanded into a Superior Public School in December 1901...
In January 1923, it became a District School and then an Intermediate High School in January 1928...
In January 1953, it became a Public School again...

The school currently has an enrolment of 271 students
including 8 students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander origin...

I feel my photos represent how I feel right now...a kind of sadness...
But I must keep walking toward another light...



No comments: